FinDis is a centralized resource for cross-referenced information on disease mutations enriched in the Finnish population.
FinDis provides up-to-date information on the 36 monogenic diseases belonging
to the Finnish disease heritage, browsable by Diseases or Genes.
each disease, this resource provides:
- Prevalence or incidence and a short description of clinical symptoms
- Genetic locus and a molecular description for identified mutations
- Character and consequences of all known mutations,
Finnish and foreign, described at the DNA and polypeptide levels
- Disease allele frequencies typically reported for Finnish mutations
- A comprehensive list of publications
A comprehensive listing and download of all FinDis variants is available here.
FinDis has received funding from the Academy of Finland, Center of Excellence in Disease Genetics
and the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement number 200754 - the GEN2PHEN project.